President and founding Shareholder of the Brenton Law Group, Michael Brenton, has a long and successful history defending workers’ compensation and subrogation cases throughout Michigan. He represents insurance carriers, third-party administrators, self-insured employers and self-insured funds, and has represented the State of Michigan as a Special Assistant Attorney General since 1994.
Michael Brenton serves as a committee member on the Health and Human Resources Committee of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce. His passion for the Michigan wine industry was recognized in 2014 when he was appointed by Governor Snyder to be one of the two public representatives on the Michigan Grape and Wine Industry Council. For several years, he was also the wine columnist for Lansing City Pulse Magazine.
- B.A. with High Honors from Michigan State University, 1973
- J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School, 1976
- State of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan, Workers’ Compensation Section, Master Lawyers Section
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law, Senior Lawyers Division
- Traverse City Chamber of Commerce
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce
- Former Michigan Liaison for the Defense Research Institute
- Certified Civil Mediator
- Completed ICLE Advanced Negotiation and Dispute Resolution Institute
- Past Chair/Officer for the Workers’ Compensation Section of the State Bar of Michigan
- Past adjunct member of the Workers’ Compensation Appeal Board